The standard execution of this machine is equipped with a driven upper presser roll with which fine to heavy leather as well as parts with bad sliding qualities can be split (min. split thickness 0.02″ or 0.5 mm). Furthermore, it serves for combined skiving and splitting with patterns.
Fortuna Model NAF 470: 18″ Bandknife Splitting Machine
The standard execution of this splitting machine is equipped with a driven upper presser roll with which fine to heavy leather as well as parts with bad sliding qualities can be split (min. split thickness 0.02″ or 0.5 mm). Furthermore, it serves for combined skiving and splitting with patterns. Excellent work results are guaranteed by the outstanding features of the elastic feed roll which adapts itself accurately to any form.
- Two feeding speeds of 7.5″ (18.5 cm) per sec. and 15″ (37 cm) per sec. A rigid machine structure and an extremely hard band knife make such high feeding speeds possible.
- The band knife is automatically adjusted on the whole working width by means of a novel support for the band knife guiding plate.
- The elastic feed roll has a rough coating which ensures a long life. It is protected against cutting by a special security unit.
- The standard finger guard offers full security against injuries. Serial design: for a material thickness of up to 0.4′ (10 mm). On special request: up to 1.2″ (30 mm).
- Suction system for scrap with scrap box and dust filter. Control device for proper functioning.
- By means of a reversible carrier unit, presser roll or presser bar can be alternatively moved into working position allowing the most universal use of the machine.
- With the presser bar fine to heavy leather (min. splits of 0.006″ (0.15 mm)) are split or leveled. The special profile of the presser bar in connection with the feed power of the elastic feed roll ensure safe feeding, even with parts having undersize.
- Illuminated table for combined skiving and splitting.
- Special liquid feeding device for splitting of rubber and plastics, especially for manufacturing the patterns for the combined skiving and splitting process.
- Profile bar attachment for straight lined scarves with any profile required.
- Finger guard for materials of up to 1.2″ (30 mm) thickness.
- Work table with roller way and adjustable guides, e.g. for splitting with profile bar and for parts with bad sliding qualities.